CAT Modular Homogenizer Drive Units
* Variable Speed Control * Various Weight, Power, and Speed Specifications * Liquid-Crystal Speed Displays * Air-Driven Units Available
Vol: 0.1ml-1l | RPM: 15000-35000 | Watts: 125
Vol: 0.1ml-2l | RPM: 4000-33000 | Watts: 1000
Vol: 5,000 l | RPM: 2,500-23,000 | Watts: 1700
Vol: 2,000 - 3,000 Liters an Hour
Why You Should Select CAT Lab and Pilot Plant Homogenizers
Solving mixing, homogenizing, dispersing, blending, emulsifying and similar tough challenges in the laboratory and pilot plant calls for a rugged, versatile tool exemplified by CAT modular homogenizer drive units and generator assemblies.
These versatile tools are relied on throughout industry to process samples that, in many cases by their nature, are "resistant" to processing.
An example is mixing oil and water. In fact, the carton of milk in your refrigerator is undoubtedly "homogenized," thereby blending oily cream with watery milk. Otherwise they would separate in the carton.
Thence the name homogenizer - but today applied to several functions.
These functions are performed by what is called the homogenizer generator, itself a combination of two complementary components called the rotor (that rotates) and the stator (that remains stationary). The rotor is powered by a homogenizer drive unit.
The configuration of the rotor/stator assembly governs the function of the generator unit - as exemplified in what we listed at the beginning of this introduction.
What Sets CAT Homogenizers Apart?
The unique CAT homogenizer generator design incorporates slanted slots on the rotors.
The slot design provides a 25% efficiency increase on standard homogenizers by eliminating stop/start effects in the media.
This creates a better flow effect through the slots of the homogenizer stator. The benefit of this efficiency increase is a lower process time which also helps prevent media damage due to overheating from prolonged homogenizing.
Quick-Change Generator Assemblies Increase CAT Homogenizer Utility
CAT Scientific offers a broad selection of rotor-stator assemblies to increase the utility of CAT homogenizer drive units. Using supplied tools generators can be quickly switched out to handle other tasks.
Depending on configuration CAT's interchangeable rotor/stator homogenizer design subjects the media to a combination of sonic energy and mechanical shearing. The extremely high circumferential speeds attained by the rotors of the homogenizer create ultrasonic cavitation, which assists in very fast, efficient homogenizing.
CAT Homogenizer Features:
- 7 homogenizer drive units with adjustable speeds up to 45,000 rpm
- Unique slanted rotors increase processing efficiency
- Interchangeable rotors and stators allow treatment of coarse to fine media without changing the dispersing shaft
- Stainless steel shafts and attachments are easily disassembled as well as being autoclavable to 121°C (250⁰F)
- Dispersing tools available 6mm to 42 mm diameter
- 2 flow-through chamber designs for in-line processing
- An analytical mill for particle size reduction on a laboratory scale
- A comprehensive blog on applications for CAT Scientific Homogenizers