How to Select a Lab Homogenizer
When you invest in a lab homogenizer the more you know about your needs the better your odds on getting the correct model. That’s why we at CAT Scientific developed our online Homogenizer Questionnaire. When you take the time to complete it you will accomplish two valuable objectives:
- It will make you think seriously about what type of homogenizer you need and
- It will help us give you the correct recommendation as well as learn about the various applications for this versatile laboratory tool.
The questionnaire was created based on the long experience of our company in the area of liquid processing. Through this experience we’ve developed both basic and detailed information segments. And while it may seem burdensome to you, the detailed information segments are the most important for both of us because it makes us both think seriously about how we can provide the closest match in these critical specification criteria.
Among these criteria are included:
- Drive motor power. This is in terms of watts and primarily relates to the viscosity and volume of your samples.
- Drive motor speed. While homogenizers have variable speed faster is not always better.
- Sample volume. How much is in the (a) test tube (b) beaker (c) flask or (d) other container you are using?
- Goals. Homogenizing, dispersing, emulsifying, disrupting, continuous processing…… this helps us recommend the correct generator (rotor-stator) configuration.
- Dwell time. How long is the process?
- Heat. Will overheating your sample cause a problem?
- Cleaning/disinfecting criteria.
- Physical and chemical properties. Acid? Base? Volatile? Abrasive?
- Standard, in-line or closed-loop processing.
Got the message? Then give us the message simply by taking the time to download, complete and fax back our homogenizer questionnaire. The time you take to do this now is the best assurance we can give to providing a correct lab homogenizing system.